Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Kick-Off

I have a friend who doesn't do anything small or simple.  And I love that about her.  She threw an awesome Halloween party this year.  I'm not usually one to dress up.  And I typically only get into Halloween as much as my children require it of me, but this night was a blast.  Now I get why some people just love Halloween.  I saw a whole new side of my husband and my friends.  So scary . . .




We came up with these really lame costumes.  I'm not even sure what we're supposed to be.  Some kind of afro basketball players, I guess.  But do I, or do I not, look like Diana Ross in a Jazz jersey?

 Clark and Lisa as ghosts, I think.  Whatever they were, they were freaking me out all night long.

Nate and Amy as Tiger and Elin Woods.  By far my favorite costume of the night.

Tim and Brittany as another afro basketball player and a marathon running witch.

Paul and Courtney and Kelly as Polygamists.

Doug, Jaimy & Tim.  That's actually a soda in Tim's hand . . .

 The whole creepy crew.

Doug playing a "minute to win it" game.  I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard.  He was trying to get a cookie into his mouth, but he looked like . . . well, I'll just say he looked ridiculous.




 The food was amazing.  Everyone brought spooky treats.  So creative and so yummy!


 Another "minute to win it" game. I decided during this minute that I really do hate Jell-O.  I also learned that some people really love Jell-O.

Danielle, Lisa, Alyssa, Carrie, Courtney & Amy

My cute eyeball treats.

I'm so glad I have friends who go to the effort to plan fun stuff.  It was a great way to kick off our Halloween.  Thanks, Courtney!

3 comments:

  1. Okay first of all: I thought Derrick's costume was "wrong?" WHAT is up with Doug?? And why is he thrusting his chest out in slight effiminate poses in the pics, not to mention baring WAY too much of his thigh in one of them?? And the 'fro? Just too, too much. I love it. And I'm sorry, but you look adorable, even with Diana Ross hair (which doesn't quite work with your coloring. sorry) Really, you just look so cute. All of the costumes were great and I can't quite pin down who's is the most politically incorrect--the black-face Tiger Woods, the polygamists? Too good. Love this post! The fingers freak me out, but not as much as the jell-o. How gross was that? You are a better woman than I. Wild horses would not have gotten my face into that slime. You obviously have great friends and I agree--I love it when people go to the effort to make things fun for everyone. (Especially when all i have to do is show up! :) H-ween can be such a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I forgot one thing: Doug looks like he's ready to make love to that cookie. I'm laughing with tears in my eyes right now. His whole look is just plain WRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen...you. have. no. idea! Oh my goodness, at one point during the night Doug was in a birthing position. Can't remember why, though. And the cookie game, oh wow. This picture does not do justice to the seizure, making out, totally-wrong-and-completely-hilarious-moment that this was. Why did we not get that on video?

    ReplyDelete