I know Valentine's Day seems like forever ago, but here are a few of the fun things we did to celebrate this lovey dovey holiday. I think I enjoy the lesser holidays like Valentine's and Halloween because there is no pressure to be amazing so anything I do to celebrate them is considered a bonus. A few of these ideas are from this really cute website and some of them were just me.
Here's a super cute garland (not my idea). I actually already had all of this stuff around my house which made it even more fun to make!
These are dipped fortune cookies that I gave away to friends and teachers. I can't remember if I usually do anything for friends and teachers on Valentine's Day but it just looked like fun and they turned out really cute.
Here are my homemade rolls that I just rolled out and cut into heart shapes. I didn't know they would hold their shape so well and I was pleasantly surprised with how well they turned out. My kids ate about a thousand. Could the heart shape possibly make them taste better?
My boys asked for University of Utah and BYU Valentines this year, which of course you cannot buy at the store. These were super easy to do on photoshop and Chase and Kyle loved them. The little bags have red gummy lips and hearts in them. I hadn't really thought about my candy choice until I had two different moms tell me that their daughters think Kyle gave those candies to them because they are going to get married. Oops. Do not pass that on to Kyle.
Valentine's Day surprises left outside my kids' doors . . .
They are tired . . .
Allie got to tag along to Kyle's classroom party. She would only give me a binkie smile.
This is the face she made when I took it away. When will this girl learn the importance of a good photo?
She loved sitting at the kindergarten table with her snacks.
I love how pleased she is with herself!
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, too. Don't you just love love?
Looks like fun - what a great day!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented--that garland and those cookies are beautiful! I am blown away by your V-day. Great ideas for me for next year (maybe, but probably not.) Allie is too cute!
ReplyDelete