Here we are, at the end of July, headed back to school. Shouldn't we be on vacation right now? Or at least staying up late to watch movies and sleeping until 10:00? No, we get to go to school!! The boys were actually pretty okay with it. And my amazing first grader, Kyle, had no hesitations at all.
The candy bar letter has become a first day of school tradition in our home. I started making them way back when Chase was starting kindergarten and even did it when Kyle started preschool. My inspiration came from my sister, Julie. A long time ago, when I was starting 6th grade at a new school I was so, so nervous. She was in high school and she was a really kind, good sister. The morning of the first day of school she left a candy bar letter for me outside my bedroom door and I'll never forget it. It made me feel special and it made my day better. I always hope it does the same for my kids.
The fourth grader is an old pro. No nerves there.
And here's big Kyle, ready to take it on.
Even happier now that his best buds have arrived!
It went great. I love their teachers! But I miss them when they're gone and Allie hardly knows what to do with herself. Chase and Kyle are her entertainment so I'm definitely going to have to step it up. I hope the school year continues on just as good as it started!
I remember the year that Julie made those neat signs for us--it really was kind of amazing for a teen girl to do for her little sisters! You are so great to pass that along to your kids. They are lucky to have such a fun, creative mom. Love these photos--your kids are too cute. And by the way: I'm sorry I was not the kind sister, but rather the one that made your life a living hell. Really sorry about that.
ReplyDelete