Do any of you remember this movie? I remember seeing it when I was in middle school. I was vegged out in our dark basement on a beautiful, sunny day when I came across it. It was cute and mindless. An extended episode of the Brady Bunch. Seemed like a good way to pass a perfectly good day. The storyline is simple: a blended family trying to work out the kinks. Children fighting almost ruin the new marriage, but in the end they work it out. Movie closes with a scene at a Chinese restaurant where they learn if you have six people in your family you get free eggrolls. Very touching surprise ending. Funny thing is, I have no idea why this movie stuck with me all these years, but the title is catchy, right? And who doesn't love Doris Day?
Soon we will be eligible for free eggrolls, which ironically, I detest. We'll go from a family of 5 to a family of 6 sometime in January. Can't wait. Freaked out. A little bit in denial. But mostly excited.

Seriously, that's how you make the announcement you're pregnant? Sometimes I wonder about you!
ReplyDeleteI love this! I am a big fan of random, clever tie-ins, especially when bad movies are involved. The only way to give the big news of pregnancy its just due is to underplay. Love it! And am SO happy for you, but even more happy for your baby, because she'll always get your share of the eggrolls. Did I just say "she?" Oops, wishful thinking, I guess...Allie could use some healthy competition as Queen Diva! :) Love you tons! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete