Halloween is celebrated big around these parts. And since it comes just one day after Kyle's birthday, our last week of October is pretty much ridiculous. The school celebrates Halloween with a big, school-wide parade and then even bigger classroom parties right after that. Most parents just plan on being at the school the entire day. It's cute and fun. And exhausting!
 |
| Chase is wearing his "school costume" because I wouldn't let him wear his regular costume to school. Kyle is a blue ninja. Last year he was a black ninja. At least he's mixing it up a little. |
 |
| Allie steps into the picture as Cinderella. I was worried she would fight me over wearing a costume but it turns out she was born to be a princess. |
 |
| Bored waiting for the school parade to start. |
 |
| Alex as an old man (best costume I saw all day), Payton as a Ute football player and Chase pretty much as himself. |
 |
| Chase stopped during the parade to pose for me. |
 |
| Kyle would not stop for a pose (always the rule follower) and all I got was his back. Sorry, Ky. |
 |
| Chase's class party. |
 |
| Kyle's class party. They were asked to change out of their costumes. Too bad, otherwise I might have actually gotten a picture of him. |
 |
| Kyle won the guessing jar full of candy corn. He's abnormally good at that game. |
 |
| And now we're ready for an evening of trick-or-treating! |
 |
| Waiting . . . |
 |
| He was so happy to pull out the swords because he wasn't allowed to take them to school. |
 |
| Once again, Chase wanted to be something disgusting. Now you can see why I wouldn't let him wear this to school. I hate it, but he loves it. Oh well. |
 |
| Doug and I were in shock over how Allie picked up on the whole trick-or-treating thing. She went to the doors by herself, knew just what to say and always ran away saying thank-you. It was so, so fun to watch! |
 |
| This Cinderella is just too cute for me. I can't get enough of her. |
 |
| Once again, our good friends Tim and Brittany, opened their home to us for the pre- and post-Halloween party. The kids love checking out all of their loot with their friends and I love that Brittany welcomes the mess and craziness into her home! |
 |
| Chase wasted no time digging in. |
 |
| Kyle was a bit more methodical in how he went about organizing and eating his candy. |
 |
| Payton and Parker with loads of candy. |
 |
| Allie knew exactly what candy was hers and she wasn't about to share. She's so tired in this picture she's barely hanging on! |
Halloween is so cute and so fun. And it's always such a relief when it's over! Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way but this year it just about did me in. My kids, on the other hand, had about as much fun as kids can have on Halloween. And that makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment