Saturday, October 29, 2011

Seven? Really?!?


So the big man just got even bigger.  I can't believe that Kyle is now 7 years old.  And what's even stranger is a couple weeks ago he started going to Senior Primary!  And now we're looking forward to Fall when he's going to be baptized.  What?!  He will be forever 4 years old in my mind. 

So how do you celebrate a 7th birthday for someone who is still young and sweet in so many ways, but so big and tough in other ways?  Too old for hot wheels or puppies.  Too young to take his crew to play laser tag.  Mmmm.  After several days of deliberation we settled on camo gear and Nerf guns.  The perfect mix of little boy and big tough guy.

He got to open one present the morning of his birthday party.  A totally sweet Nerf gun and supply of darts.





Then it was time to get ready for the crazies to come over. 


These are supposed to be targets.  Close.

Take home goodies for all the boys.


Kyle had fun setting up the target practice along the fence.  I can't believe how nice the weather was for the end of October.  Big bonus that the kids got to play outside the whole time!




Of course Allie had to be a part of it, too!  After all, we did use her play structure as part of our obstacle course.


The whole crew showing off their guns - Nerf guns, that is.
Zander, Parker, Austin, Ryker, Kyle, Jared, Carter
Such cute boys!

Each boy got a kit to make their very own marshmallow gun.  I did this as kind of an afterthought, but oh wow, it was the major highlight of the party.



I can't believe how long they spent decorating and embellishing their guns.  It was really cute how they got into it.  Some of them loved shooting the marshmallows and others just loved eating the ammo.

Striking a pose with the marshmallow guns.

Time for cake and ice cream.  I've never seen boys eat so fast.  They really, really, really wanted to get to opening presents.  I almost didn't have a chance to take any pictures!



I just love the way kids love to give presents.  They were all just as excited about these presents as Kyle. 

A little jumping to work off the sugar and they were on their way home!  Such cute kids and such a fun birthday!


All in all, a good day!


The next day was his actual birthday (my camera date is off by a day. i really need to fix that) and he requested cinnamon rolls and bacon for his breakfast in bed.  I like the way this kid thinks.

And then we had our own little family party where he opened presents from us.


And if you thought that was the end of his birthday celebrations then you would be wrong.  It continued the following day at school, can you believe it? 


The whole class writes him a letter for his birthday.  My favorite line is, "We like what you wear."  So funny.

Kyle gets to pass out his treats.


And then I think we might actually be wrapping up this birthday!


We love you, Kyle. 
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment