St. George is one of our favorite places to visit in the spring. The weather is usually beautiful and such a nice break from the springtime snow in Salt Lake. On this particular visit it wasn't nearly as warm as we would have liked, but the rain stayed away and it was bright and cheery. I swear the sun shines brighter in St. George.
My parents came to visit for a whole week while we were off-track so we loaded up the kids and spent a few days down south. Unfortunately, Doug couldn't join us on this trip (someone has to finance our fun) but we had a great time. We love this annual tradition.
| One of the hikes in Snow Canyon. If you go all the way you can see where actual pioneers wrote their names on the rocks with axle grease. Kinda neat. |
| We visit Snow Canyon every time we go to St. George. My kids love it. And they consider themselves Snow Canyon experts. |
| Kyle likes the rock climbing just a little too much. My mom about had a heart attack. |
| Don't my parents look so cute? Especially for 60-somethings? |
| He loves, loves to explore! |
| My mom had to actually walk away when the boys were doing this. They were making me a little nervous, too. |
| Allie crawled on Grandpa and found this perfect little spot that curved perfectly to her little body. Both of them were perfectly happy with this arrangement. |
The condos where we stayed had swimming, b-ball, tennis and pretty much anything else you can think of. This is a very serious game of mini-golf. |
Allie and I just watched, but she did insist on carrying around a pink putter. |
I'm pretty sure my parents are still in dispute over who won this game. But my dad was keeping score . . . |
| This picture was taken with a cheap camera on timer-mode. Pretty obvious. Oh well. |
My parents were such good sports to come along on this trip with us. My dad hauled luggage and swam with the kids. My mom bought presents and treats and even spent a couple hours in the InstaCare with Kyle and me. Of course, he had an ear infection on vacation. Isn't that just how it goes? I love spending time with my parents and my kids pretty much worship them. The only good thing about living far away from each other is that it makes time together so much more meaningful. But that really is the only good thing. We always miss them when they go and we always can't wait for them to come back!
I'm finally getting around to checking blogs. I really should be updating my own though! Love all the cute pictures...that seems like months ago.
ReplyDeleteWell, that was fun! I stumbled on your blog from a post you made to Sarah. I wasn't even sure it was you until I saw Jenny and then your parents. You have a lovely family and it looks like a lovely life!
ReplyDelete