Thursday, July 28, 2011

Golden Anniversary

Lagoon and dinner were just part one of the anniversary celebrations.  Little did Jim and LaReen know, all of the siblings and spouses had spent the last 6 months planning a surprise party for their 50th anniversary.  It took place one week after the Lagoon day so I really think we caught them off guard.  We had to let the cat out of the bag the morning of the party, though, since we were hosting it at their house!  They got suspicious when we started setting up a big tent and bringing out trays of food.

We really had a good time working together; sneaking around their house looking for the Christmas card list, reaching out to very, very old friends, and just generally being vague and outright lying to them.  It was great!  It's not to easy to outsmart LaReen so it was fun to surprise them for a change.  We had an amazing turnout.  Some people traveled several hours just to say congratulations.  They have a rich history filled with family and friends who love them.  I hope Doug and I can say the same in another 40 years.  It was really a special day and I hope they enjoyed every minute of it!
 










Congratulations Jim & LaReen!
50 years and counting . . .

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun thing you did for your inlaws!
    This may sound strange, but do you know who the couple is in the 6th photo? (The woman is wearing purple.) I think it's the Messers. And if so, she is (one of) my mother in law's sisters. And if so, how do your in-laws know them. They live in southern utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant one of my mother-in-laws. I have a few.

    ReplyDelete