Wednesday, July 6, 2011

School's Out for Summer

The end of the school year seriously crept up on me.  Before I knew it my life was packed full with assemblies, field trips and parties.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could space it out a little?!  But it's such a fun time year, even if it is a little exhausting.  I was so proud of both of my boys for earning their High Flying Hawk Awards.  This is the highest level of award you can earn at their elementary school and they both worked really hard for it.  As you get older it gets harder and harder to earn this award so I'm really proud of them for making this a priority.

Kyle is showing of his High Flying Hawk medallion and sporting his
kindergarten t-shirt.
Each child drew a picture of themselves and they made a shirt out of it.  So cute.
Ryker, Parker and Kyle
Notice the cute graduation picture Kyle is holding.  Adorable.

Kyle, Ryker, Parker
Evelyn, Alex
Evelyn and Alex are the only girls cool enough to hang with these boys. 
They were all such good friends this year.

Mrs. Jackon with Kyle
She is the best kindergarten teacher I have ever seen!

Chase waiting for his name to be called at the assembly. 
That kid is a tease in front of the camera.

Chase, Payton and Alex

Chase with his awesome teacher, Ms. Dains.
Kindergarten Field Trip to the Hogle Zoo.

Kyle is coconut bowling with Chase's class.  That's just one of the perks when
your mom is in charge of the party.


Chase doing the limbo at the end of the year luau.

So how is it possible that Chase is going into 4th grade?  And how can Kyle possibly be a 1st grader?  It's all flying by so fast.  Too fast.  I just want to slow it down a little.  Actually, I want to slow it down a lot.  Because of year-round school we only have a 6 week summer and there's just not enough time to do it all!  This past school year has been so wonderful.  We were blessed with amazing teachers, awesome grades and good friends.  Here's to a fun summer and just as much success next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment